Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Today Ava Wanted Me To Slow Down

By now, I shouldn't be surprised at what I hear come out of your mouth. 

Who? Me?
When I came home for lunch this afternoon the spring on the door snapped and the door came crashing down. Keith came over after work to help lift the garage door so we could get mom's car out.


When Keith and his mom left it was nearly 7:30 p.m. Since it was getting late we opted for a cheap, fast meal at El Camp's rather than cook tonight. 

As we were leaving mom received an offer on one of her listings and we headed to the Keller Williams office so she could print the materials she needed for the seller to sign. 

Dad's first crack at a pony tail. Loose, but not terrible.
On the way to office it became clear to me that you must not like my driving ... throwing your hands up and yelling "weeeeeee!" as we went over a few hills. Okay - I know that's more fun than critical of my driving. It's what came next that made us laugh. 

"Slow down, buddy ... buddy!" we heard as I prepared to make a left onto Munson from Whipple Ave. 

Excuse me. 

"Slow down buddy." 

1. I wasn't going that fast. 
2. I was braking to turn anyway.
3. No backseat drivers! - especially 1.5 year olds! 

I find this highly hypocritical coming from the little girl who's constantly 100 miles per hour herself and only slows down when she's out of gas for the day. :)

That being said - Life's way to short to slow down. Stay in the fast lane and enjoy as much of life as you can. 

You didn't think you were going to finish reading this and without  your daily dose of blackmail, did you? Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment