Saturday, April 26, 2014

Today Ava Wore A Helmet

You were supposed to sleep in today. It was a rough night - you woke up at 1:00 a.m. and asked for a bottle then again at 2:30 and whispered for more milk.

In our half-awake states, mom and I decided that we should let you sleep in rather than me take you to breakfast. 

When I left at 6:40 a.m. you were still zonked on our bed. 

It was too late for me to turn around when I received a text from mom ten minutes later that said "Your daughter is awake."

Hindsight - I should have brought you with me. 

When I got home I was excited to finish the basement mud room. All there was left to do was the grout. 

I got started but was quickly interrupted with statements of "I do it!" and the grout float being taken from me. 


You really enjoyed helping - especially sticking your fingers in the mud and throwing it on the floor. You got quite angry when we were almost done and I set you back so I could finish.  

 

We were just about finished when mom scooped you up to take you to her showings with her. She was showing an acquaintance from high school and his wife a few homes this afternoon.

She thought you might be able to keep their daughter company and entertain each other during the showings. And from what I hear, you made a new friend. 

It gave me time to get the basement finished and the hayfield for a yard mowed. 

I also set out the hammock, of which we took advantage later. 



We're almost through the day and no mention of a helmet yet, I know.

Before we get to that, I must show you this:



Now, for the helmet - as we were all settling in, I was doing a few loose dishes while mom was straightening the living room. You walked over to the cabinet with the pots and pans, grabbed a few and took them into the living room and then walked to the other side of the oven and grabbed the mixing bowls. 

I heard mom chuckling so I peeked into the living room to see this:




I was even prompted to try on a few of your new "hats."  Looks like I have a few more dishes to do. That's cool, though. I'll take it if it means you're using your imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment