Monday, April 28, 2014

Today Ava Made It Hard to Leave

Ugh. I know it isn't intentional yet on your part but good Lord do you make it hard for us to leave sometimes. 

After missing my previous two appointments to get the oil changed in the truck I finally remembered to go this morning. When I got home, you and mom were on the couch watching Mickey. 

As I entered the kitchen I heard mom whisper "go get him" as you slid off the couch. 

The little pitter patter of your feet on the floor brought a smile to my face and I met you at the divide of the kitchen and living room. 

You squeezed my leg and asked to be picked up. 

There's no way I'm turning that down!

After I showered and got dressed I sat with you on the couch so mom could do the same. 

You quickly laid our head on my stomach and wrapped your hand around my arm and quietly laid there as we watched Mick-O. 


Under this macho exterior (cue the laughter) is a sentimentalist at heart. 

Thanks for unwittingly giving me a moment I'll never forget!

Now that the heartstrings have been tugged, let's fast forward to dinner time. 


Really, not much more needs to be said other than it was spaghetti night.

We stripped you down to save mom the task of scrubbing your clothes clean of sauce then set you into your high chair to go to town. 


Here's a few photos. You'll enjoy the last one. 





Ah blackmail.

No comments:

Post a Comment