Sunday, April 13, 2014

Today Ava Wanted To See More Airplanes

Aunt Holly and Uncle Shawn live right underneath the final approach for Columbus International Airport. Needless to say, they see quite a few aircraft during the day. Which, to me isn't a terrible thing. 

And from what I learned this morning, you don't mind either.


Mom and Aunt Holly made a Target run while Uncle Shawn got ready to mulch the flower beds and take care of other yard work. So, you and I made our way to the backyard to toss your football around. 


The moment you heard the first jet engines approach your head was on a swivel tracking the noise.

Once you're ears and eyes found the same thing, you pointed to the sky and said "airplane!" 

I picked you up so you could get a better view and you watched it until it was out of sight. hen you could barely see it anymore you bid it farewell by saying "Bye plane!" 

I tried to joke with you and say, "No honey, that's not a biplane, it's a monoplane." My terrible attempt at humor was met with crickets and a confused look. 

You'll learn the difference someday. 

Wouldn't even take the time to stop and smell the flowers.
I couldn't get you back in the house. We sat outside and looked at "more plane" for quite a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment