Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Today Ava Tossed Rocks Into The Water

One toss was all it took for you to be hooked.

I hurried home from work so mom could go meet a client to write an offer on a home. There was just a slight chill in the air but the sun was warm so we went to Martindale Park to kick a ball around. 

I want to be just like mommy when I grow up!
You weren't too interested in kicking the ball so I asked if you wanted to walk to the bridge and see the water. 

"Okay!" was the answer I received. 

We looked at the water and turned around to see "more water" before walking along the path. My goal was to get up to the bend and then turn around and come back.

I made one decision that kept us from ever reaching the bend. 

There has been a lot of rain lately and off to the sides of the track were a few pools of water. Spotting a loose stone on the path I pointed to the water and told you to watch for a splash as I tossed the pebble in. 

That was all it took. You searched the path for every loose item you could find, rocks, sticks, even leaves. Anything you could throw.



So much for walking the path or kicking the ball. No worries. I'm glad you found something new. 

I tried to talk  you into going back to the playground to toss the ball around. It worked for a second ... until you spotted something to toss in the water. 



Once you watched your stick float away we then went on a short scavenger hunt for some rocks. With pockets full it was time for a little more fun before heading home. 


I think you've found a new hobby and the next time we go back you won't even look at the playground. It's going to be straight for the rocks and water.

No comments:

Post a Comment