Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Today Ava Met Cousin Addy

I made you a piece of toast with peanut butter for breakfast and sat you on the couch to eat and watch Mickey. 

Mom sat beside you and soon it was time for me to leave for work. As I always do, I asked for a kiss goodbye. As I knelt down to your level you reached out with both hands and grabbed my cheeks as you gave me a kiss. 


It caught mom and I off guard but was adorable as hell. You know the routine and don't get away with just one kiss - you'll understand why someday

So as I asked for number two, you did the same.

Following my kisses and a squeeze it was off to work. The seconds ticked by slowly as I knew your Uncle Kris, Aunt Suz and cousin Adelynne would be at the house waiting when I got home. 

Addy is six months old now and we have yet to meet her in person. 

We've connected via FaceTime - which is nice - but in person is so much sweeter. 

I'm trying to remember the last time Kris and Suz were home. It's been a while. It can be tough having your Uncle's so far away with the inability to see them often. For now, Kris is in Minot, North Dakota though he's being transferred in June to Albuquerque, New Mexico.

P.S. - Thank the Lord for spell check, he'll be on his next assignment before I learn to spell that one. 

Your Uncle Joe is in Charleston, South Carolina. Drivable, but we were all so close growing up. 

Anyway ... quitting time finally arrived so I gathered up my gear and was light on my feet as I headed to my truck. 

We only had a short time to visit today since your last gymnastics lesson was tonight. 




I walked up the steps to mom holding Addy and you trying to come down the stairs to see me. Kris and Suz were in the kitchen. 

After we greeted each other and I stole Addy from mom for a few minutes, we placed the two of you on the couch together for a photo.

You were okay with it at first. 


First photo together!
Behind the scenes it looked like you two were famous. You had four cameras in your faces like you were walking the red carpet. Is this a little foreshadowing for what's to come?

After a few seconds though, you grew restless and weren't so cooperative.
You better be a good role model, she's looking up to you!

We even connected with Uncle Joe via FaceTime so he could see everyone together. 

It's always great getting together with your Uncles, it's just unfortunate it's not everyday like it was when we were growing up, but I'll take it. 

Family is very important to your mother and I. We're hopeful through the technology available to us that no matter where life takes our families that you and Addy can grow up and be close with each other. 

Who knows, maybe someday we'll all end up back together or close enough to visit often. 

Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment