Thursday, October 23, 2014

Today Ava Didn't Want to See Me Go

I had one foot in the car and the other still on the garage floor when the door to the basement flung open. That's unusual so I looked up and saw you with tears streaming down your face looking for me. 

One last hug before I'm late. 

Lately it's been a struggle for me to get out the door in the morning. 

All will be fine, but as soon as I ask for a squeeze and a kiss before leaving for work, you seem to flip a switch and don't want to see me go. 

It took a few minutes for mom to peel you off of me this morning to cries of "No, daddy!" and "No go work!" 

I'm sorry, kid, but I have to go.

It's not a good feeling for me to leave you like that and it's an even worse feeling knowing that I'm leaving mom with a screaming child. She swears you typically get over it quickly. 

I came home for lunch today and it was the same thing at the end of the hour, just a milder version.


I wish I knew why you cling to me so much at times. I would think it's the opposite. Mom's home with you more and she's so good at teaching you new things and having fun with you during the day.

I know it;s nothing personal on your end, but it can get to mom emotionally. 

You and I, let's get better at making mom feel special, capiche?

No comments:

Post a Comment