Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Today Ava Tried on Her Costume

Before I dive into the costume, I want to mention this morning. I left for work before you woke up to take care of an obligation. I was scheduled to speak about digital and social media to junior high students in Syracuse, NY. 

Shortly before I connected with the students I received a photo of you at the top of the steps with your arms folded. The description made me laugh. 

Mom said "She's not happy you are at work already. Stood at top of steps for a couple min ... She didn't believe me that you weren't here. Thought she'd wait it out and you'd come upstairs." 


I'm glad you miss me!

Now, to your costume, mom has been working hard to come up with a Halloween costume that you'll love. 

She's been a little nervous because you are not typically a "girly girl" if you will. Even though a lot of times you're more than willing to tell people "I'm cute" in certain outfits, dressing up really isn't your gig. 

Over the weekend she went through a few costume ideas with you. 

Elsa? No.

How about Anna? No. 

A ladybug? Nope ... 

Then she came across a skeleton outfit and you lit up. Hmmmmm .....

She kept going. 

A peacock? Yes! You squirmed with excitement.

So, today she went out and picked up s shirt, the tulle andsome peacock feathers for accent and a headpiece. 


The moment of truth ...


You loved it!

I gave you a bath this evening which allowed mom to accent the skirt with the peacock feathers and create your headpiece. 

When you were all scrubbed up, she had you try it on again. 

That may have been a slight mistake because we struggled to get you to replace it with PJs.

 
 

Mom can rest easy now knowing she did a great job and you love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment