Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Today Ava Measured Baby Sister

Another morning of early meetings. 

Another morning of you waiting for me at the top of the steps. 



Don't worry, I have no committments tomorrow morning which means I'll be there to get you out of bed like I almost always do. 



I came home for lunch and did my best to make amends for not being home when you woke up. 

"Daddy play puzzles with me."



Whatever you want to do, little lady! 

I've often state that lunch hour is the fastest hour of the day. Before I knew it, we finished the puzzles and I had to head back to the office.

Following an afternoon consumed by a lengthy meeting, I ran in to you and mom visiting Jenna.

We decided to run up to Office Max and pick up a filing rack for the new cabinet in the basement so we can continue to organize that. 

It was while we were sitting at Panera that mom showed me a few photos from the afternoon. 

You had found a cheap tape measure somewhere in the house and were using that to give mommy a tummy check. 

You took the tape and measured baby sister. 

When we were winding down for the night, you showed me how you measured baby sister and said "All good." 

Future doctor? Time will tell. 

You moved on to check my tummy. 

"All good." I would beg to differ. It should be a lot smaller. 

Then, you laid down on the floor and lifted up your shirt. "Measure my tummy!" you asked of mom. 

She obliged. 

You moved on to measure our heads and our feet. 

We had fun and before we knew it you were laying with me and flipped over to fall asleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment