Monday, October 6, 2014

Today Ava Heard Baby Sister's Heartbeat

Back to work ... 

I left a few minutes early today as I had a meeting right away followed by a full staff meeting then we had mom's checkup for baby sister. P.S. - we need a name!!!

Mom told me after work that when she asked you what you wanted to name baby sister you told her "Quinn." 

It's a name mom has always liked, but we know two people who have named their daughters Quinn. 

"Cutting" dad's nails with a clothes pin.

I ran out the door as soon as our staff meeting ended to meet you and mom and the Atrium. 

For the first time ever, I was last to the doctor. You were coming out of the toy room when I walked through the door. Spotting me, you yelled "daddy!" and ran towards the door. That made me feel good and I had to laugh as all heads in the waiting room turned towards you once the quite was pierced. 

Mom's name was quickly called and back we went. We always try to involve you in everything we can, especially when it comes to baby sister. 

To me, hearing the heartbeat is always a highlight. Brings a sense of reality to the whole process. I enjoyed it with you and it hasn't lost it's luster with #2. 

You don't quite grasp it yet, but hopefully soon you will. 

The doctor kept the machine on the heartbeat for longer than normal and we kept trying to get you to listen by asking you "Do you hear baby sister?" 

It was met with a stone face. 

You'll get it soon. 

We asked "Are you going to play with baby sister?" to which we received a "yes." 

I can't wait to see the bond that you two will develop as you grow up together.


No comments:

Post a Comment