Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Today Ava Dipped Her Pizza In Ketchup

When you're old enough to read this and comprehend it, I hope your taste buds have changed!

Flu ban (seems to be a theme for you since Arlee was born). We were originally told that you could come into the lobby and they could wheel mom out to see you. Mom misses you. She really does. 

Tuesday night was the first night she's EVER stayed away from you for a night and it was an emotional ride for her. through my words in this journal I hope I've conveyed how much your mother loves you so know that when I say it was emotional, we're talking tears. 

We had made plans with Grandma to bring you over so mom could see you, but the nurse on duty put the kibosh on that and told mom that you weren't even allowed in the building. 

Now, when mom got word about that, you and I were in the hospital cafe eating some pizza. 


Now, most Ohioans will dip their slice of pizza pie into ranch dressing. A delicasy not yet known to many of those outside of our great state. Poor people, they don't know what they're missing. 

Anyway ... As you can see from the image above there's no ranch on your plate. No condiments at all. But, that would quickly change after the bite you're taking. 

"I need ketchup." you sweetly said in that high voice of yours that will get you whatever you want from me ... 

"For your pizza?" I asked. 

"Uh huh." 

How can I say no to that voice ... 

You got your ketchup and dipped a few bites into it before foregoing the pizza for just forkfulls of ketchup. 

Here's to changing taste buds! 

Back to seeing mom ... 

Since mom couldn't come see you, you and I went back to the house to try and get you a nap. You were sound asleep on Grandma's shoulder when you arrived and I had originally planned to take you back to the house but you woke up when I tried to get you into Blue car. 

So it was back in for some pizza. I'm bouncing around a bit here. Do you follow? 

Back to the house we went. No nap. 

We played downstairs for a while and you poured me some "coffee." 

You love to use your tea set to pour mom and me coffee. You'll grab the cups and the tea pit, which makes a pouring noise, and hand us out coffee and eagerly await our response that it's the best coffee we've ever tasted. You'll excitedly pour us some more ... and some more ... and some more ... 

If it were real coffee, our budget would be blown and my stomach would probably explode. 

Tonight, you sat down at your table and said to me "I make you coffee. We're having a tea party." 


How could I not sit down with you and enjoy a fine beverage? 


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment