Sunday, December 28, 2014

Today Ava Tucked Me In

"I want to paint my nails." 

a quick glance at the clock and it showed the big hand on the 7 and little hand on the 9. 

7:45 a.m. and we want to get all dolled up. Wonderful. 


Label me a sucker, but whatever makes you happy (and keeps you quiet enough to let mom sleep). 

Later in the afternoon we were chilling in the recliner - I could tell you were getting sleepy - when you asked for "Wreck it Ralph" on the iPad. 

Next thing I knew, I felt your held kind of roll a little on my shoulder. 


I gave you a few minutes to make sure you were good and out, then it was off to your bed for a nice long nap. It was nice to let you fall asleep at home rather than in the car. 

We all went downstairs to play this evening when you told me to lay down. I tightened my abs (yes, I have those somewhere, they're just well insulated, anticipating you wanting to jump on me. 

Instead, you told me to sleep and ran to the couch to grab a blanket. 


You tucked me in and even read me a bedtime story. 

So sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment