Thursday, December 11, 2014

Today Ava Was Precise With Her Painting

I'm going to start this entry out like I do a lot of them ... 

Mom sent me a video. 


Until you were born I was never one to take the time to analyze things. Now that we have you, I find myself digging deeper into each photo and video we take. 

I'm looking for signs, for clues that you're where you should be (and maybe father along) in your learning and development.

It's not because I want to hover over you like a helicopter parent, I just want to be sure I'm doing my job as a parent to teach, nurture, love and discipline when necessary so that you're going to grow up to be a caring, successful woman. 

I don't want to slow you down. 

When mom sent me the video and I watched it, what caught my eye was how precise you were being with the cookie cutters. And I'm not talking about how you beat them into the paint but, rather, how you tried to place them precisely on top of a previous spot. 

You took your time, you followed the pattern with your eyes and lined it up ever so gently. 

Mom's hard work and attention to detail is rubbing off. Keep it up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment