Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Today Ava Successfully Got a Ponytail From Dad

I'm so proud of myself! 

Early this morning - very early, I mean we're talking 7:30 a.m. - you looked at me and said "Paint?" 

Aw heck, why not? 

So we put you in your high chair and rolled up your sleeves - which you argued with me was actually rolling them down - and got out what little paint we have left. 

With your hair as long as it is, I thought I needed to do something to keep it out of the paint. 

Clip? Maybe .... but there's still potential to get paint in your hair. 

Ponytail? - best bet but in nearly two and a half years I have yet to be successful in putting one in. 

What to do? What to do? Quite the conundrum for me since we were trying to let mom sleep in and she wasn't available to bail me out of this one. 

I found a hair tie and thought either you were going to scream loudly enough to wake mom and Arlee or I could get this one well enough to suffice. 

I decided to take my chances thinking we could avoid a tubby. 

Here goes nothing ... 


SUCCESS!!!!

It may not be pretty but it's functional. 

All that stress and fear to avoid getting the paint in your hair and having to take a bath only to have to beg me for a tubby when you were done. 

Ah well. This old dog learned a new trick today!

No comments:

Post a Comment