Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Today Ava Showed Me a Triangle

From the mouths of babes. 

You grew a little antsy a few minutes before tip off at mom's game tonight so we headed to the cafeteria to let you blow off a little steam. You headed right for the stage. 

I was walking along the edge to make sure you didn't try a balancing act when you stopped and pointed out a pattern on the floor that you thought was a triangle. 

I could see what you were looking at and though I could see how you thought it was a triangle, after a quick flashback to geometry class I said "It's a rhombus." I think ... 

You repeated rhombus and went about running around. 

A minute later you you came back to me and said "A triangle has three sides."

Excuse me? 

You put your hands together to form a triangle, showed it to me and repeated "a triangle has three sides." 


Just so matter of factly. 


I have no idea where that came from. 

Mom had come around the corner to see if the concession stand was open before the game and I excitedly told her about this. In the same matter-of-fact manner as you, she said "I don't know where she got it from, but she's been saying it at home. So we've been working on others, like square." 

Good to know ... 

Later, you began to spell all of the letters you saw on the bulletin board. 


At this rate, you're mom is going to have to be the one helping you with your homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment