Monday, December 1, 2014

Today Ava Took Advantage of the Situation

A year or so ago we couldn't stop you from dancing. Lately, we can't force you to dance. 

I was extremely surprised when mom sent me the video below of you "Mouskersizing" alongside Mickey Mouse. 


I thought that was cute so I wanted to share. 

Now, for the subject at hand. We were doing our best to get you down for the night, you uncharacteristically went back ad forth from me to mom and were very restless. Maybe it's the cold breaking up?

While sitting with me, you popped up and asked for a baby bottle. I said no and offered alternative such as milk in a cup, orange juice or water. 

You refused all but still insisted on going over to the fridge to have a look. 

Spotting the juice boxes you asked for one. I said "no, it's too late for a juice box." 

Without skipping a beat you ignored me, picked one up from the door of the fridge and went to the living room saying "Mom, I want a juice box." 

Wait a second, I just told you no. 

I instantly had a flashback to a conversation I had with my boss before you were born. He cautioned me that mom and I need to be on the same page with parenting or you will quickly learn how to take advantage of certain situations. 

I never would have imagined "quickly" would mean two years old. 

We're in for it ...

No comments:

Post a Comment