Thursday, December 18, 2014

Today Ava Met Arlee

I'm not sure I understood how I would feel when you finally got meet Arlee. Maybe it was the lack of sleep, or the stress of coordinating when I could get home to see you so Grandma or Aunt Holly could come visit due to the dreaded flu ban. 

But, today were were discharged from the hospital and brought Arlee home and it's a day I'll never forget.

Grandma could only take two days off so Aunt Holly arranged to come in and stay with you Wednesday night and today until we got home. 

She had a phone interview come up so Grandpa Bernie came over to play for a bit while Aunt Holly took care of her interview. 

The meeting wasn't how I had envisioned it during the near-40-week pregnancy but the end result was heart warming. 


Prior to me setting Arlee down and recording the moment, you seemed genuinely excited that she was here. 

We asked who it was and you hopped up and down and said "Baby sister!" 

The excitement, that's what we were hoping to see. 


We know it'll take some getting used to having to see mom and I give so much attention to Arlee, and being the helper that you are, we know you'll step right in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment