Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Today Ava Took A Late Afternoon Nap

I don't know why, but you will sometimes fight a nap tooth and nail. Many times, flat refusing one, which makes for a long evening sometimes. 

Today I'm kind of glad you fought a nap because it turned into one of those things I'll never forget. 

It was my first day back at work after two weeks off for Arlee's birth and I was a little worried as to how it would go for you. 

I'm not sure if it's jealousy or what, but you've been very clingy to me lately. Sometimes to the point where if I walk out of the room to shower you have a meltdown. 

"I want to go with you!!!" followed by a flow of tears. 

I left for work and it was okay, I came home for lunch and not really any issue when I left again. 

I was how with how the day was going. 

Mom was keeping me up to speed via text as to how the afternoon was going.

1:56 p.m. - Nap time was near.


Or so we thought ... 

2:31 p.m. Apologizing to Arlee for accidentally kicking her.


3:45 p.m. Watching toons with Arlee. 


3:57 p.m. Success! 


The look on Arlee's face though. :)

When I left work I texted mom to let her know that I was on my way. No response from her told me everything I needed to know. She was getting a much needed nap as well. 

So, I tiptoed through the house as to not wake anyone and made my way to the bedroom. 

This is what I saw:


Precious. 

Mom woke a few minutes later (I guess I'm not the ninja in the house I thought I was) and we tried to get her out from under you gently. 

It didn't work, you woke up. Needless to say your nap was a little on the short side this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment