Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Today Ava Saw Mommy's Game

this is what we've been waiting for all year. The long nights at practice, the missed naps, they all culminate tonight with the first game of the season!

I hope you enjoy basketball season as much as I do. Tonight is mom's second game and the first that we can attend.

Being a year older (and twice as mature as last season) <---- Get my humor, you're only two, twice as old as one. :) -----> I was hopeful that you'd be more inclined to sit through the game and watch. 


Engaged in the shoot around, focused. So far so good. 

Your focus tailed off a bit after this. 

You watched "Wreck It Ralph" on the iPad and exclaimed to me that "It's my favorite" movie. 

You took a few man-sized bites of pizza.


And after being refueled we ran up and down the empty hallway a few times. 

I tried to bring you back into the gym to watch the game but you were more concerned with climbing to the top of the bleachers. 

I didn't mind at first until I realized the bleachers were the type that were open underneath the seats and you could easily slip and fall through. 

I know, we're always applauding your balance but all it takes is one slip. Call me an overly cautious parent ... It's for your own good, trust me. 

It wasn't long and the final buzzer sounded. The girls may not have had the success n the court that they hoped for, but it was a win for me as I've watched more basketball tonight than I think I did all of last season.

No comments:

Post a Comment