Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Today Ava Found Her Button

How many times throughout this journal have I told you how diligently your mom works with you and how much it is paying off?

Punch drunk but still finding
your button.
Well, it happened again. Today you found your belly button. 

You recently began making a noise that loosely resembles "button." We'll demonstrate for you sometime. You also have a habit of sticking your fingers in mom's belly button. This has sparked your mom's endeavor to teach you where your button is. 

It started out with mom pointing to her belly button when you would make your "boutta boutta boutta" noise. Slowly as you began to make the connection she would show you your belly button and ask you to show her where yours is. 

It didn't take long for you to make the connection. 

Now, when she or I ask you where your button is, you lift up your shirt and place your finger in your belly button.

Tonight, I witnessed this for the first time. 

I know I'm preaching to the choir when I say this, but I simply can't get over how quickly you're developing and learning.

I was on the phone with Grandpa Waechter this afternoon and told him about how observant you were seeing the airplanes last evening to which he replied "Matt, she's a smart one." 

He's right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment