Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Today Ava Saw Swans

I was at work early today and home late due to the annual NFL rookie visits. This morning we toured the drafted AFC rookies through the museum. Saturday it will be the NFC. This seems to mark the beginning of the summer for us at the Hall of Fame, soon it will be very long hours as we gear up for HOF weekend. 

You won't see me much during this period so promise me you'll be good to your mom! We'll talk.

New pet?
Anyway, back to today's thought. It was after 6:00 p.m. when I walked through the door and as she always does, mom met me at the top of the steps with you laying in her arms. It was a little different today as you weren't the burst of energy you typically are when I get home. Mom explained that you had just woken up moments before. 

We enjoy the Wednesday evening Farmer's Market at Gervasi Vineyard during the summer months so we headed down there to get out of the house. A loaf of cheese bread later and dinner on the piazza we went to show you the swans on the property. 

Gervasi has a beautiful property with a scenic lake and villas behind the restaurant and piazza. 

We walked over to their stone arch where the swans were sitting nearby. As we got closer we realized the pair had two babies recently so we kept our distance as not to bother them.

What I can only assume was the dad sat further inland facing the arch to keep watch while his young family sat by the edge of the lake. 

We pointed them out to you and you raised your arm in recognition and even began to talk to them. After a moment I set you down on the stones and you leaned against the arch checking out the swans. 

I snapped a few picks and mom suddenly scooped up the diaper bag and told me to get you. I looked up and the father swan was not okay with his family being photographed. He began to walk towards us with some attitude and wings extended. 

We got the hint. 

I picked you up and we were on our way. 

I also want to share this video - mom sent me a text this morning of you chasing Cookie around. The video is significant because at the beginning and end you mimic Cookie as she's meowing at you. Have a look:

No comments:

Post a Comment