Sunday, June 30, 2013

Today Ava Skipped Her Second Nap

And we paid for it! 

It's obvious you need both of your naps throughout the day. It wasn't for our lack of trying, you simply wouldn't go down for a nap.


Mommy's funny when she juggles!
Mom has gotten you on a good schedule of napping around 10:00 a.m. and again at 4:00 p.m. 

You woke up this morning and instead of whimpering to let me know you were ready to come out and play, I checked the monitor and you were playing hide-and-seek with yourself and the blanket. 

It was so cute I almost let you go for a bit but since I didn't see you much yesterday I came in and got you. 

Waking up this way, I thought it was going to be a smooth day. 

Late morning nap - Bingo, right on target. Things quickly went downhill from here. You showed us many times throughout the afternoon that you wanted to sleep, but refused each time we tried.

I'm officially handing down your mom's childhood moniker to you; Ava Bear. Ask your mom about it sometime. <------ I'm going to be in trouble for mentioning "Heather Bear."

I don't want to say today was a challenge, because it wasn't; you were simply a little more needy than normal.

We've never had a bad day together; countless great days and a couple good days. There's never a bad day when you're a parent.



No comments:

Post a Comment