Friday, June 28, 2013

Today Ava Had a Daddy/Daughter Night

We haven't had one of these for a while. 

Your mom is taking her real estate agent's exam tomorrow and thought it best to go to Starbucks so she could study without distraction. No TV, no internet, etc. to keep her from her books.

We didn't want to see her leave, but fully support because we know how important this test is to her. If there is anything you need to know about your mom it's this: she is the most competitive person I know, whether it be sports, the classroom, or life in general. Like me, she hates to lose - especially to me.

And I usually let her win. 

Okay - let's be real, I can't beat her at anything. Once in H-O-R-S-E. But that's all I got. Scrabble - not a chance. Card games - why bother? Sports - nada (maybe home run derby, but I have an unfair advantage; though come to think of it, I did beat her in tennis once on our honeymoon - BOOM).

So we wished her well and off she went to the coffee shop and we hung out. 

It was short-lived though. 

We played in the basement, worked on your throwing and generally hung out. You've officially foregone crawling and are walking everywhere. When you fall down, you pop right back up. 

At around 8:30 you started show your signs of being tired. This is earlier than normal. We tried to go lay down but you wouldn't do it. We tried again just after nine o'clock and out you were. Not even a fight. 

I thought we would be hanging out longer, but it gave me time to clean the house for Grandma Fenner tomorrow. She'll be watching you since mom will be taking her test and I have to work. 

Keep your tiny little fingers crossed for mom! 

No comments:

Post a Comment