Monday, June 10, 2013

Today Ava Put Her Toes In The Water

Today we ventured out to the sandy beach. Mom and I were curious as to your reaction. 

Sorry.
As you always do, you studied your surroundings. Placing your fingers in the wet, compacted sand and looking at it and everything around you. Eventually you approved and decided all was good. 

Not only did you play, but you checked out the ocean. 

One of my fondest memories to date is when we went to the edge of the ocean. I sat Indian style as the water lapped up over our laps. Unsure at first but eventually you reached our arms up as if to say "Bring it!" and giggled as I would lift you above the high waves. 

Not going to lie - you did drink a little salt water. Once while we were sitting there, a wave came in and I prompted you to splash in the water. Little did I know, a large wave was coming in right behind it and you may or may not have taken it to the face. 

We'll try again tomorrow and see if you've forgotten this little incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment