Friday, June 14, 2013

Today Ava Slept By The Pool

I couldn't help but laugh to myself as people - moms and teenage girls - would walk past and utter "Aww" or point to you and nudge their significant other. 

This is how you slept,
but in the chair beside me.
We were away from your favorite pool - the eight foot diameter 1 foot deep kiddie pool - and in the deep pool with the family. You became noticeably tired after playing with everyone for a few minutes. Your mom and I took you for a walk on the beach, which was our go-to method for napping this week. Within minute you were out so we went back to the pool. 

I was feeling a little fatigued myself so I opted to stay out of the water and keep an eye on you. These chairs were right in the line of traffic and I think people thought I was asleep too - admittedly I might have dozed off for a second or so - and I watched as they passed. 

In your little blue tankini you were passed out in the shade, arms stretched wide and legs of a frog. I can see why people thought it was adorable. 

You were out for a good hour before waking up. 

Vacation sure is relaxing, huh?

Too bad we hit the road to reality in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment