Thursday, August 22, 2013

Today Ava Played Keep Away

If I had to guess what your favorite game is, I wouldn't hesitate to say "keep away."

Often times it happens with food - you'll put something in your mouth only to take it out and offer it to mom or me then laugh and pull it away. Food, toys, towels ... anything you can reach and grab.

I can only guess that this originate from when you were really little and we would tease you with a stuffed animal ... putting it close to you, making noises or talking to you, then pulling it away.

Once, a week or so ago, we were sharing a piece of provolone cheese and you had taken a chunk out of your mouth and offered it to me. Anticipating the joke I came in close and opened my mouth. Before I could pull away you quickly shoved the pre-chewed cheese into my mouth. Jokes on me.

Tonight as we were playing in the basement we filled your shopping cart with the stuffed veggies mom purchased for it. Soon you grabbed the pineapple and brought it to me. I extended my hand to accept your offer and as soon as the plush piece of fruit reached my palm you pulled it back and ran away laughing. 

Turning around you walked back to me. "Let's try this again" I thought. Same result, you turned and ran. 

This cycle continued for a good three or four minutes. It's a game you never tire of. 

Mom was able to capture a bit on my phone. Watch:



No comments:

Post a Comment