Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Today Ava Made Us Reflect

All day I looked at the clock, as the hours ticked by I though "At this time a year ago today I got the call ..." or thinking about how I ran through the congratulatory gauntlet of co-workers as I exited to pick up mom and head to the hospital.

Whatever it takes to make you smile.
A little later it was "At this time we were getting to the hospital." Where we - as soon-to-be new parents were running the gamete of emotion and the nurses were carrying on as if it was no big deal. Looking back on it, they took the right approach, they see people like us everyday and it actually helped keep us as calm as possible. 

Just looking at you all day, I thought about the year that has gone by, the ups, the downs and all the in-between.  What a year it's been! 

After you went to sleep for the night mom and I attempted to watch a movie. I've become my father in the fact that I cannot stay awake through an entire movie. I know this frustrates mom, but she needs to know  it isn't personal. I don't sleep well, or sleep in so once we pop a movie in the DVD player, I guess I actually relax and that's why I pass out. 

Anyway, back to you - as we watched "This is 40" the clock struck mindnight. I waited that one extra tick before I said "At this time one year ago, we became parents."

You're growing up so fast. We have a new appreciation for time and how quickly it flies by. 

Let me repeat, what a year its been!


No comments:

Post a Comment