Sunday, August 4, 2013

Today Ava Had A Late Night

We all did. 

As I sat in the press box at Fawcett Stadium waiting on the final gun to sound not only the end of the annual NFL/HOF Game but also my three weeks as an absentee father, I received a text from your mom saying goodnight. 

Night night daddy.
A few minutes later my phone vibrated across the table and I saw a picture of you holding a stuffed dog with the caption "Night night daddy." I smiled, but was a little sad knowing I wouldn't see you until tomorrow after work. See, mom planned on staying another night and taking you to Malabar Farms which is a glorified petting zoo. That doesn't do it justice, but that's all I have for a description at this hour. 

The game ended, my coworkers and I gathered our stuff to head back to the office. As we got to the bottom floor of the box and began to drive the golf car away, my phone rang. It was mom and she was slightly annoyed. 

After putting you to bed, she realized she had training at Keller Williams at 9 a.m. So at 11:45 p.m. she got you out of bed and drove home. Once you heard the garage door open, you popped awake and caught a second wind. 

I was home shortly after this - a little after 1:00 a.m. - and secretly, I was thrilled to have you guys home. I don't like coming home to a silent house. 

It was almost another hour before every one winded down and finally crashed.

No comments:

Post a Comment