Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Today Ava Was On My Mind

Today you returned to your original sitter. For a short period of time mom was scrambling to find someone to watch you and used contacts at Malone to find Lauren and Logan - two college students who were great to fill the gap. Grandma Fenner would also come to town on Wednesday's while mom was in Cleveland but all three had to return to school. 

We were excited to reconnect with Marissa but to say mom and I were nervous is an understatement, the last time you were there it was tough. You were going through a phase where you just weren't happy. We would get reports that you were clingy and upset and crying all day. We didn't know what to do.

I love me some mato mato's!
We pulled up and I unloaded you and all your stuff and as we rang the doorbell I could hear Laney and Liv running towards the door. Marissa opened the front door and the kids excitedly screamed "Ava!" 

We went to the dining room and when I set you on your feet they took you to the living room to play. Now that you're nimble on your feet you were more than happy to oblige.

What a relief. Mom and I think you were more frustrated than anything which led to the fits last time. You weren't as mobile therefore you couldn't play like the other kids and didn't like it. 

As I went to leave for work I looked over and you were smiling and very happy to be with kids your own size.

I worried all day, hopeful things were going well but nervous that I might get a call saying I need to come get you. 

The call never came and in the afternoon mom texted me saying you were doing well. I was relieved.

She picked you up on her way back from training and I met you guys at home. You were as happy as ever when I walked in. 

We can relax, we have a sitter again!

No comments:

Post a Comment