Friday, August 16, 2013

Today Ava Experienced FieldTurf

Mom had three houses to show a client tonight which meant we would need to swap vehicles after work and you and I would get to hang out for a a few hours. 

I thought about taking you down to the park to swing, but we do that frequently. I asked mom to put your green rubber ball in the car when she brought you. She obliged and when the time came for her to leave and us to play, we walked outside the Hall of Fame to the FieldTurf. 

For the next half hour you threw the ball, ran after it and just enjoyed the new playing surface. 

A few times I had to keep you from eating the black rubber pellets. Examining new things the way you do, you noticed the rubber pellets that give the carpet its bounce and bent over to inspect. You offered me a few that you were able to pick up then thought you should see how they taste. he look on your face told me they weren't very good. 

I promised mom I would cook her dinner tonight as a celebration to her getting back on the basketball sidelines. She was offered an opportunity to be an assistant varsity and head JV coach for nearby Strasburg Local Schools. I couldn't be happier for her. You can just tell how much she loves the sport when she talks about it, is around it, and plays it. She was born for this and she'll be very good at it. 

Thanks for the help in deciding what to make! You read nearly every recipe in the Taste of Home magazine to me until we chose one. 




No comments:

Post a Comment