Monday, August 5, 2013

Today Ava Was Not There

Coming off of a 96.5 hour work week, I couldn't wait for the clock to strike 5. I was out the door in a flash and hurried home to see you and mom waiting at the top of the step.I thought about it all day, I couldn't wait!

Sleepy, sleepy
I got home and kicked my shoes off, smiled as I anticipated your excitement, trned the corner and .... nothing. Silence, no one was there. Not even the cats. Humbled, I turned the corner thinking I'd see mom on the couch doing some work while you napped. 

Again, nothing. I know you guys are home, mom's car was in the garage. I looked down the hall and noticed that our door was shut. Was mom trying to get you down for a nap? She couldn't put you in your crib, you had wet the bed earlier, so I thought she was making sure you wouldn't fall off of ours. 

I slowly opened the door and saw both of you asleep on our bed. 

The smile reappeared across my face. To see you both peacefully sleeping was adorable. 

Unfortunatley, in my head, I was being quiet as a ninja and in reality I was as loud as a freight train. 

I woke you both up ...

No comments:

Post a Comment