Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Today Ava Played My Game

This could get messy.
Since you were a few months old, I would take my hand and pat it over your mouth to make a sort of whooping sound. 

It didn't take long for you to pick up on this and actually lean into it and make noise intentionally. It became a game to you. 

Tonight, you took it one step further. Prior to getting groceries, we were walking through WalMart looking for party supplies for your birthday. I was holding you in my right arm and was looking away. You grabbed the side of my face, turned it toward you and began to pat your hand over my mouth. 

At first I thought you were just trying to hit me, but soon it dawned on me what you were trying to do. We both smiled and I made the whooping noise much to your delight. 

Your development never ceases to amaze me. You're one smart cookie!

No comments:

Post a Comment