Monday, July 22, 2013

Today Ava Chatted With Dad

I was able to see you this afternoon ... sort of. Suddenly my phone started to vibrate across my desk. Looking down I saw that mom was attempting to FaceTime with me. 

I excitedly got up and went into one of our conference rooms. When the phones connected I saw you playing with a big box in the living room. Earlier in the day Aunt Suz sent mom and I a message saying your birthday present was on it's way and could arrive today. 

We discussed if you should open it now or wait until your birthday. You made the decision for us and began to tear into the box. Inside was a small shopping cart with space for two dolls. I received a picture from mom later where Mickey was front and center strapped into the seat of the cart. I'm not surprised. You love Mickey.

We chatted for a few more minute before I had to return to work. We laughed a little and you read me a book. 

Thanks, mom! It was a wonderful break to my day. 

Often times i end this journal with a video. Today, mom caught you combing your own hair. She was only able to capture a few seconds at the end, but it' adorable nonetheless. 



No comments:

Post a Comment