Thursday, July 18, 2013

Today Ava Was A Lover Not A Fighter

Gotcha!
It's about time for a change kid. I keep telling myself it's only a few weeks but as I say that, I also look ahead, years down the line to memories potentially missed as work consumes my life and my summer. It was difficult but manageable prior to your arrival, but this year is different. I don't want to miss you growing up.

Even though i've only been working late this week so far, it's just going to get worse until Aug. 5. 

Technology can be a blessing and a curse. A blessing because mom keeps me constantly updated on what you're doing by sending me pictures and videos but a curse since it makes me want to be home that much more. The pros of technology outweigh the cons right now.

I'm putting these thoughts to "paper" as my promise to you that I'll work diligently to change this scenario and we'll get to spend our summers together as a family. 

What does mom send me throughout the day? Well, this afternoon it was photos of how much you love your cats. I can't guarantee the feeling is mutual, but you adore them

You can't escape my love!
Your latest kick is hugging. I know McGee can handle it, he's young and beefy. Cookie on the other hand is old and frail, so I worry a bit about her. We know you have no ill intent, but poor Cook isn't too fond of the affection. You might say she's a bit of a grumpy old lady.

If they are laying in the sun, or just sitting around and it catches you're eye, they're doomed for some love. You'll head their way and before they know what's upon them, you're on the ground they're in your clutches Typically it looks like a yoga pose - on your knees with arms extended over your head and holding on to them with your head resting on their sides. 

McGee will tolerate this to an extent, but Cookie will try and immediately wiggle out of your grasp. 

I have an idea, hug mom and I! We'd be fine with that. 

One other thing that I feel compelled to share is a video from this afternoon. It's been in the 90s all week and mom took you outside to play with your water table. I think you enjoyed it:


No comments:

Post a Comment