Thursday, July 11, 2013

Today Ava Learned A Life Lesson

Easy transition from baby to boss.
Today went by rather quickly. After work it was out to the yard to clean up the remainder of the bush we removed from the front yard and mow. 

We also threw a quick dinner in the mix before it was off to the late night softball games. Although I'm sure it was a little chilly for mom, the weather was pleasant. She brought you out to the first game. It was here you learned your first life lesson from me "Do as I say, not as I do." 

I've been in a bit of a batting slump lately but tonight got a hold of one and sent it to the fence. 

It had extra bases written all over it. Feeling good I rounded second and hustled for third. In I went standing up ... and was quickly tagged out. You saw the whole thing, and yes, had I not been lazy and slid, I would have been safe. 

So please, if I ever have the good fortune of coaching you in softball, do as I say. Not as I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment