Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Today Ava Left Dad Home Alone

My status as "dad" was on hiatus tonight. And to be honest, it wasn't very much fun. 

When I walked into the house this evening no one was at the top of the steps to greet me with flying arms and a squeal. No one was there to eat dinner with me (or eat my dinner). No one was there to play with and eventually rock to sleep.

Cheesin before dad goes to work.
Just quiet. Too quiet. 

It was a little strange having an evening to myself. It's the first night since you've been born that I've been home alone for a period of time. This is the first but certainly will not be the last as you grow up. You'll go on trips, have sleepovers etc.

You and Mom met me at the HOF and we had lunch with a friend of ours who moved to Texas last year and was back in town for a bit. We walked around and caught up on what's new in each others lives. When we all departed you and mom went straight to Shelby. 

Mom made plans to go see the "Lion King" at Playhouse Square in Cleveland with Grandma and Aunt Casey while you hung out with Grandpa. 

He sent me a few pics through the evening, you went swinging at the playscape, and read some books to him. 

Hopefully you were well behaved for the remainder of the night! I'll find out today, we'll have a talk if the reports are not favorable. 

I'll see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment