Saturday, July 20, 2013

Today Ava Had Tea For Two

Working as much as I am lately, our moments together are becoming fleeting. Today, even thought I was working, you and your mom came to the Hall of Fame to witness a truly unique event. 

Some tea, dad?
Over the past ten days Hall of Famer Joe DeLamielleure put one foot in front of the other - yes he walked - 213-miles in support of a young man he met that was born without legs. When Joe D learned of the high cost of replacing prosthetic limbs, he decided to walk from Buffalo, N.Y. to Canton, Ohio to help raise money and awareness for the cause. 

Today Joe's walk came to an end as he stepped through the front doors of the Hall of Fame with Joey. Though it was work related, I'll always consider it a privilege to be able to walk the final mile with Joe.

I hope someday my heart is as big as Joe D's and we are able to be more philanthropic. It's something mom and I talk about often.

As we emerged from underneath the bridge that carries I-77 over Earl Schreiber Drive I spotted mom and you. I was thrilled the two of you made it. 


Greatest tea party ever.
I pray we have instilled our desires in you. Possess humility and stay humble.

We enjoyed lunch before the two of you departed. 

One of your birthday presents arrived today - a Gravy-sized activity table.

Mom constructed it for you and sent me a pic. I texted back to see what you thought of it and she responded with a pic of you in your creativity corner saying "She won't give it the time of day."

Don't worry, you did later.

I got home and after a few errands we decided to play in the basement. You were given a small plastic tea set when you were born so we decided to sit at the table and have a tea party. 

Growing up with two brothers, I can honestly say this was my first tea party. And the company was superb. 

It was out of my comfort zone but I better get used to it!


No comments:

Post a Comment