Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Today Ava Yelled At Dad

It's okay, it was in a good way. 

I was coming home from another 12+ hour day at work and as I came to the driveway I saw mom sitting on the front deck with you. It was nearly 9:00 p.m. so i was excited I would get to hang out with you for a little bit. 

Lazy bones.
I parked the truck, came in and fed the fish and turned off the light in the tank before rounding the corner excited for our daily meet & greet at the stairs. 

Every time I anticipate your excitement and have my phone ready to record the moment, you seem to know what I'm doing and tone down your enthusiasm. You must not want graduation slideshow material. 

Well, tonight I wish i had my camera ready ... When I turned the corner and you saw me you screamed "Dad, Dad!!!" I was astonished. It was awesome. Written words just can't do this one justice.

I really wish I had my phone recording this one. Ah well, I'm smiling as I type this. Sometimes memories are better than a visible record anyway. 

I'm still smiling.

Mom and I both were taken aback by this. "Dad" was one of the first sounds you knew you could intentionally produce. You'd walk around the house saying "Dad, dad, dad" all day. Mom was quite jealous. 

No worries though, you're now getting the hang of "Mom." "Bob" has gone by the wayside. 

As the day dragged on I was concerned I wouldn't have something to write down tonight and that mom may have to take over the reigns of this journal for the remainder of the week. Something she's dreading. 

Thanks for giving me yet another cherished moment!


No comments:

Post a Comment