Friday, July 12, 2013

Today Ava Went To Taggart's

Mom told me you had been in a bit of a crabby mood since waking from your afternoon nap. How were we going to cure this? With some ice cream of course! 

Mom came across a forgotten $10 gift card for Taggart's in the office desk. Bingo, let's go. Taggart's is a little ice cream shop in your hometown of Canton that's been in existence since 1926.

Showing mom all the cool stones in the path.
Walking in, it's like you went back in time. It has that old ice cream parlor feel to it which to me is part of the allure of the place. 

We didn't have plans for this evening so mom and I decided to take you down there for some of their famous ice cream. Mom ordered a brownie sundae, I had an old fashioned banana split and you enjoyed a vanilla kids cone.

We had a family beside us with a little girl eight months older than you. The two of you chatted in only the language the two of you understood. Mom and I exchanged pleasantries with her parents and once we were done with our ice cream, we went to the park for a swing. We also exchanged a few words with the elderly ladies on the other side of us. 

While mom was paying the tab, they asked me if you re always this happy. 

Of course you are!

It's interesting to me how we have met and talked to so many people since you've been born that we wouldn't have normally conversed with. It's not that we're arrogant or introverted, the common denominator is the children. I'm not putting my thought into words properly, it's just one of those things I didn't understand until I became a parent. 

At the park we met a couple that came to the swing beside us with their two and a half year old granddaughter. We made small talk for a few minutes before parting ways. As we walked you to the car  a lady with her eight-month-old daughter stopped us to as a few questions about when you started walking, you're teeth, etc. I think she was curious as to when her daughter would start doing some of the things you're doing. 

I'm really enjoying this part of life. Let's hope it continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment