Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Today Ava Couldn't Go Near Dad

As much as I wanted to hold you and play today, I couldn't. 

I came down with an awful stomach bug early this morning. It took a toll on me. I'm not one to call off work, but today I stayed home. 

Luckily it was a day you were scheduled to go to Marissa's and mom went to the office. Thankfully, with you two gone there was no risk of passing it on. 

Mom touched base with me in the afternoon and when I told her it wasn''t any better she opted to take you out for a bit to eat and straight to gymnastics. That way, you both would be out of the house a little while longer. 

I'm disappointing that I missed gymnastics. Based on the pics mom showed me, you had a great time.  She even commented that you stretched! That's a rarity.






It was nearly a quarter after seven when I heard the garage door go up. I wanted to meet you at the top o the steps but I was zapped of energy and barely moved from the recliner. 

For good reason mom wanted me to stay clear of you which didn't go over well with a certain little lady. 

You kept coming to the recliner wanting up and saying "Daddy!" 

A few times as I walked to the kitchen you came over and wanted up. I felt like you thought I was ignoring you but I just couldn't do it. I'd feel worse than I do now If you would come down with this. 

Your mom is a trooper, she just was getting over something as well so I know she wasn't 100% but she took great care of you all day and took the trash out.

I wish I could have helped take some of the load off of her shoulders. I owe her a nice dinner or something.

At one point, I did lay on the floor and you covered me with your polka dot fleece blanket. It was the easiest entertainment I've done in a while. All I had to do was lay there while you crawled over my back and covered my face with the blanket so I could ""hide" from you. 

It wasn't long and it was time for bed. Mom took you back to lay down. 

Here's to hoping it's just a 24-hour bug!

No comments:

Post a Comment