Monday, March 3, 2014

Today Ava Didn't Want Dad

For the first time in your nearly 19 months you didn't want to meet me at the top of the steps. 

Focused on Mickey in the morning

"No ... no ... no ... no ..." I heard as I entered the door. Followed by whispers of "Daddy's going to be sad. Don't you want to see him?" 

An emphatic "No!" rang through the house. 

I rounded the turn to see mom doing her best to hold you tight and keep you at the top of the stairs. 

Sensing your mood based on what I heard I gave you my best "Hi!" as excitedly as I could in hopes it might change your demeanor. 

"No!" bellowed again from your lips. 

I tried to hold you ... "No" you replied as you clung tightly to mom. 

Not to worry. This all would change before the night was through.

Pardon my pun but we knew dinner was off the table for you since you ate nearly half a bag of cheddar cheese rice cakes as mom and I prepared the evening meal. This is both good and bad in our eyes.

Good in the fact that you ate a decent amount but bad in that we need you to eat meals of substance, not just snacks.

Hopefully the root cause of your lack of appetite is those eye teeth that are beginning to poke through. Soon, I hope you'll chew more than just your fingers.

You came into a playful mood as mom and I sat at the counter munching on our fish and tots. You began to play a game of peek-a-boo where you hid your face behind the wall and popped out as if to surprise us. 


Now that the mood had changed you were on Team Dad-O again and fell asleep on my chest for the night. 


Just like old times!

No comments:

Post a Comment