Sunday, March 23, 2014

Today Ava Ran Around "Nakey"


The day started out topless and ended full bore naked. 

Mom left for a quick meeting with Karen and a potential co-listing over by Malone before you were dressed. 

I figured I should have you ready to face the day before she got home. At the first foul whiff of something I took you back, changed you and got you dressed. 

With your pants on it was time for your shirt - a cute pink fleece with an owl on the chest. Cue the mini meltdown.

"No shirt!" you yelled as I attempted to get one arm through the sleeve. I was met with toddler-strength resistance. 

Through the tears and the struggle I was able to get the shirt on. 

"Off! Off! Off!" you said as you tried to do your best "Hulk Hogan" on the poor little owl.

I figured you would calm down in a minute or two but not this time. Finally, you won and I removed your shirt. 

It's amazing how quickly the waterworks stop when you get your way. 




About an hour later you must have gotten cold because you brought me your shirt and asked me to put it on. You may have won the initial battle, but I knew in the long run I'd win this war.

After a spaghetti dinner (of which you actually a handful of noodles!!!!!!!!) it was bath time. 

 
 
Mom scrubbed you up and washed your long hair while I cleaned the kitchen and packed your lunch for tomorrow.

Suddenly a naked baby came running from the bathroom and proceeded to run laps around the house. Mom was not far behind holding a towel. She looked at me and just shrugged her shoulders.

You got away. 

And the giggles as you ran tell us you were happy as could be!

You ran and ran and ran. Then you found your slide. 

Mom warned you that a naked booty and plastic don't mix for good sliding. You didn't seem to care.

After a little confusion and letting us know you were "stuck" you got to the bottom and excitedly said "I made it!" and ran over to give me a high five. 

Mom was laughing so hard at this you thought something was wrong. You left me to run over to her and said "It's okay, mommy" all while rubbing her back.

The fun continued until the fear of an accident got the best of us. 

Time for a fresh diaper and jammies.

Much like your shirt you weren't happy about this either. 

"No diaper!" we kept hearing through the tears. Sorry, kiddo, you're not getting your way this time. 

"Jammies off!" you cried as you tugged at them trying to pull them off. 

Sometimes, you just want to be free!

No comments:

Post a Comment