Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Today Ava Got Outside

I sit down to write this knowing that in a few hours the bottom will fall out of the thermometer and it will be snowing ...

Welcome to northeast Ohio life, kid. 

With our first taste of 60+ degree weather of 2014 mom and I were excited to get you out of the house so you could go play.

"Schneider Park or Price Park?" read the text mom sent me. 

As much as you slide in the house, it's about time we get to slide outside!


Schneider Park is new to us, but not you. Marissa walks you and your friends there periodically when the weather permits. 

I responded and said "We can try Schneider and if it sucks, we move on to Price." 


It was a done deal. 

When I got home you were still down for a nap. But, that didn't last long. I like to think you subconsciously heard my voice and wanted to see me. Wishful thinking, I know. 

Anywho ... We loaded you up and you were quick to tell us that you wearing your "Minnie Coat."

When we arrived at the park I was quite impressed. It sits on a little hill and has two sets of equipment,one for older kids and one a little smaller for the munchkins. 

We're on the verge of a new summer which means we need to try new things, right? 

We worked on letting you learn your boundaries by climbing the plastic boulder that is an access point to the play area. The smile says it all.



You might be a little small for this yet, but with an assist from Mom you made it to the top! 

After running around for a while with mom and I giving chase, it was off to the swings. 

Who needs a kiddie swing? Not this big girl!

Like I said, new summer, new things. We bypassed the kiddie swings and went straight to the big girl swings. 

A quick lesson from mom ... 


 ... then you were on your own. 


You're not fooling us with that stoic look. We caught a few smiles when you thought we weren't looking.



We played for a little while longer before we needed to head home for dinner. With 60 degree temps you better believe we grilled out!

No comments:

Post a Comment