Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Today Ava Stubbed Her "Tood Pop"

So mom shared this funny story with me after work. 

I was getting changed when she came back and was giggling before she could even get the words out.

"I was getting ready this morning when I heard a little thud. I froze for a second half expecting a cry or an 'Uh oh' to come from the living room where she was watching TV in front of the coffee table." 


She continued "A few seconds later I hear Ava coming down the hall repeating 'Oooooo, tood pop, Oooooo, tood pop' over and over until she got to me."

I began laughing with her because I could just picture it. 

The tood pop was healed in time for gymnastics!
 The only summation we have is that the noise mom heard was you stubbing your toe on the coffee table. 

This wouldn't surprise me because you're always putting your elbows on the table and leaning forward, getting your feet off the ground. 

This time, you must have slipped. 

We've always playfully referred to your feet as "tootsie pops" and threatened to eat them or tickle them, etc. Much to your delight. 

Obviously the name has stuck, maybe we need to start using the correct terms? I'd hate for you to get to science class and the teacher points to a foot and calls on you to say what it is only to hear "tootsie pop!" 

I also wanted to share this video ... As soon as I walked in the door and set you down you looked back at me, waved, and said "Hi Daddy" before waving and greeting the cats. That innocent little voice will remain with me forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment