Saturday, March 8, 2014

Today Ava Read Before Bed

Once you were done with your chores ... i.e. helping mom with the laundry ... we settled in upstairs for the evening. The only reason I opened the journal this way tonight is so I had a reason to share the photo below.


 Is it really a chore if you look forward to doing it?

Anyway .. once that was done and we settled in for the evening upstairs you were quick to tell us what you wanted to do tonight.

"Book?" you asked.

Absolutely! We'll never discourage you from reading. 

Mom and I also want you to be able to have a little independence so we told you to go down the hall to your room and pick one out. 

You ran down the hall and came back empty handed and just looked at us. It dawned on me that the light in your room was off. We walked down the hall together and I flipped the light switch on for you and quietly slipped away as you looked for some reading material. 

A few minutes went by and you hadn't returned. 

I went down the hall ninja style as to not disturb you. I wanted to see what you were up to. 

I found you crouched in the corner looking through your books. 



I must not have been as fleet of foot as I though. Shortly after snapping the moment above, you turned around to see me. 


You brought me a book and asked me to read. And how am I supposed to say no? 

I spread your quilt out in the corner and we both laid on our stomachs enjoying the written word. 

Looking for a little more comfort you brought out your pillows and we laid down to read some more. 



I over use the words adorable and cute throughout this journal but good lord was it adorable to it there and watch you flip through the books and "read" to yourself. 


After a bit mom came back to join us and began reading with you as well. A good 45 minutes or so elapsed before we knew it. I couldn't think of a finer way to spend a Saturday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment