Thursday, March 13, 2014

Today Ave Introdced Herself

After work I hightailed it to Chik-Fil-A to meet you and mom. She has a meeting coming up and we decided to grab a quick sandwich then you would come home with me.

We were met at the restaurant by mom's coworker, Karen.You wouldn't touch the food we offered you but were more than happy to oblige with Karen's offer of french fries.

Before long you wanted "out" of your high chair. I was done eating so you and I made our way to the play area.

We stuck around for a few more minutes after mom and Karen left for the office.


You didn't seem to mind.


After you exhausted yourself going up and down the slide, we made our way to the truck.

Rather than go home, I thought you might enjoy seeing the animals at Petsmart.

"Fish?" you asked. Yep, let's go see the fish and the kitty's and whatever puppies might be wandering around.

We looked at the fish for a few minutes, you petted a pup that was there and then wanted to see the kitties.

We went and looked to which you noticed a cat that resembled yours. Looking at me and pointing to the cat you said "McGee!"

"No, honey, that's not McGee. He's at home." I told you. "McGee!" you repeated as you bent down to peer into the cage

Pretty soon you requested to go back to the fish. I needed to grab a new heater on our way out so we were headed that way anyway.

It was during our second visit to the fish that I heard it. 

Holding you in my right hand you waved to the tanks and said "Hi fish, me Ava." 

You wave to mom and I and say hi all the time, you've even said hey to the cats. But I didn't expect two phrases to come together like this.

It took me a second to fully grasp what just happened. I just listened to your very first complete sentence.

I wish mom was with us to hear it, but I texted her right away. 

I liken this to your first steps. A monumental move in your development.

Keep talking to us, we love to hear that voice!

No comments:

Post a Comment