Monday, March 17, 2014

Today Ava Got A Fresh Coat

We got you all dolled up for mom's basketball banquet tonight. Your pretty little yellow Easter dress, a nice tight braid in the hair topped off with a white cardigan.

Too bad no one was really able to see you. 

You, being your typical busy self, wouldn't cooperate once the program began. So rather than casue a distraction you and I ventured down the school's hallway and eventually into the gym. 


I'm hopeful that all of this energy translates onto a court, into a arena or pool, or onto the diamond somehow.

I'm telling you the above so that when you read this you'll understand someday the lengths we went through to keep you content in public. In the not-so-distant future though, you'll be required to stay content and quiet in scenarios such as this.

For as busy as you were at the school tonight, I was amazed at how calm you were for mom when she gave you a fresh coat of paint on your "tood pops." 


I'm not a foot guy, you'll learn that. I painted your mom's toes once when she was pregnant with you because she could no longer reach her feet. 

That was enough for me. 

I watched (and obviously took a photo or two) as mom carefully applied brush to toe. You sat there totally content - not begging "Mickey on?" or wanting to run laps - long enough for her to take care of all ten. 



Maybe you were tired but I guess when it's something you want you'll wait for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment