Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Today Ava Went To Her First Gymnastics Lesson

Mom called me to let me know she was on her way to drop you off at work for the last few minutes of the day.

"Oh, and I signed Ava up for gymnastics." We've already done the swimming lessons and sine you love to run and climb on things, we thought this would be the perfect thing for you this time around.

"Awesome," I responded. "When does it start?"

I wasn't quite ready for the answer but we made it work "Tonight, at 6:45" mom said.

Well alright then, it look like in two hours you'll be a little gymnast!

Mom had made a passing comment about needing a gymnastics outfit. So, after work we made a quick Target run. I have no idea what I'm looking for ... "Google it" mom told me. 

My goal was something loose and comfy, athletic pants or a pair of sweats. No go at Target, no go at Carter's. We were running out of time but made a quick stop at Kohl's. In my search at work they were one of the first places to pop up with options. 

Bingo. I should have trusted my gut and stopped here first. 

After raiding the clearance racks we were on our way back home. 

A quick change and we were gone again. 

Mom and I had our fingers crossed you'd enjoy yourself. 

It turned out to be less of a lesson and more of a free-for-all on the apparatuses following a welcome and minor stretching. 

That part bored you but once you were let loose, the smile never left your face. 




The balance beam and foam pit were fun, but if we didn't force you to try them, you never would have left this thing:




If we judge by the fit you threw when we had to leave, I'd say you had a great time! We're looking forward to next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment