Thursday, March 27, 2014

Today Ava Had An Accident

Give your mom a hug when you read this. You owe her one. 

It felt good to get back to our early morning routine of a bottle of milk and too many early morning episodes of Mickey.

Luckily my bug was just a 24-hour one.

I couldn't help but laugh at the text I received from mom this afternoon.




Just know, I'm not sharing this embarrassing story because I want to make you uneay, I share it because it's jut plain funny. I like to call it Karma (more on that in a sentences).

The last few days you've been enjoying - how should I say this - the wind beneath your wings? Frankly, you're happy when you're in just a diaper but happiest when you're running around like a nudist

As you can see from the text above ... the latter is done

When I read that text on my phone it reminded me of a time (in the few months of your life before this journal) that I was changing one of your diapers after a bath.

Mom was down the hall drawing your bathwater as I got you undressed and ready for your tubby.

Suddenly, the volcano erupted. Without warning I was looking at poo all over the changing table. I stood you up to avoid getting it all over yourself. But, herein lies the problem - you weren't strong enough or sturdy enough to hold yourself up. There I was, standing there crying to mom for help while trying to figure out how to get out of this situation. 

All the while cow patties continued to hit the table. 

Gross, I know. 

I couldn't pick you up, because it was still oozing out and I couldn't grab a diaper because if I let go with even one of my fingers you'd lose balance and wallow like a pig in your own filth. 

We're trying to avoid that. 

Am I painting a pretty picture? :) 

When mom finally heard my pleas for help she came in and just doubled over laughing. 

Excuse me, a little help here? 

Rest assured we didn't even bother trying to resurrect that changing pad cover. It went straight to the trash.

I'll save you the embarrassment of the visuals here, but be on your best behavior knowing  a few photos of this incident do exist and can be surfaced at a moments notice. 

Ah, parent privilege.

No comments:

Post a Comment