Saturday, March 15, 2014

Today Ava Had A Visit From "More Pa Paw"

Your grandparents came to town this afternoon to watch the Buckeyes take on TTUN in the Big 10 tourney. 

Along with them came your great grandpa. 

Mom went around the room asking you who everyone was. When she got to your grandpa Fenner you said "Pa Paw."  To his right was great grandpa Fenner seated in the recliner. 

Mom said again "Who's that?" 

You hesitated for a moment and grandma Fenner said "That's another grandpa." 

You lit up and exclaimed "More Pa Paw!" 

We all got a kick out of that. It ended up not being a one-time deal either. 

The rest of the afternoon he was "More Pa Paw."

Following Ohio State's heartbreaking loss we ventured to the mall to walk around for a bit and a bite to eat at Max & Erma's. 



You were seated at one end of the table and great grandpa Fenner was at the other. I happened to looked down at you to see and excited. When I looked up, he was waving to you from the other sie of the table. Your little smile is priceless. 

Seeing this interaction makes me wish you could have met my grandparents. I'm sure I've told you about them before - and if I haven't, ask me about them. They all four were wonderful people and unfortunately they passed before you were born.

In fact, it's funny how the dominoes fall in life, but had your "More Pa Paw" Waechter not passed and the chain of events happened that followed his passsing, I wouldn't be sitting here writing this memory. 

Maybe grandpa Waechter can take you for a ride in his Jeep someday and tell you all about your great grandparents.

I miss them all every day. So I'm sure we'll sit down sometime and go through photos and have a little story session or two, however many it takes, for you to learn about your lineage. 

It's an interesting story how we got to this point and I'm looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment